- ARAB 1010 Beginning Arabic I
- ARAB 1020 Beginning Arabic II
- ARAB 2010 Intermediate Arabic I
- ARAB 2020 Intermediate Arabic II
- ARAB 3010 Third Year Arabic I
- ARAB 3020 Third Year Arabic II
- ARAB 4040 Advanced Arabic Language Skills
- ARAB 4050 Advanced Arabic Languages Skills
- ARAB 4880 Special Topics in Arabic
These courses are designed to train students in Modern Standard Arabic at all stages of proficiency, including some instruction in spoken dialects of the language. In addition to four years of language learning, Arabic literature and culture courses are also available. While developing Arabic reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills, the comprehensive coursework allows advanced students to be immersed in the language and to discuss Arabic texts from various periods of Arab and Islamic history.
For graduate students wanting to study the language, there are also graduate-level courses available.
Students can complete the BA language requirement and the language requirement for the Middle East Studies Major with Arabic. Check out more classes related to the Middle East here.